These mesmerising chrome nails are everything a merbabe ever dreams of! And the good news is that you don’t need to get them done at salon or use Gel polish – we found these mirror nail powder that works oh-so-perfectly with our Julisa polish (SHOP here). There are a few tricks to make them work without UV light, you’ll need two layers of chrome powder and make sure you DON’T apply top coat on the second layer. We promise it’s fun to do and it only takes around 30 minutes to get your bling on!
Follow along for our full tutorial:
1. Always buff and file your nails to begin with.
2. Apply a thin and even coat of our Handsome Dave black 5-free nail polish. Leave for 5 minutes to let it dry.
3. Apply a thin and even layer of our Top/Base coat. Leave for 5 minutes (timing is very important for this step)
4. Using the applicator brush (supplied), pick up a thin layer of chrome pigment. Press the pigment onto your nails gently. Make sure it covers your whole nail bed.
5. Using a small kabuki brush, gently brush off the excess pigment. You’ll see the reflective effect develop right after brushing.
6. Apply another layer of our Top/Base coat. Leave for 5 minutes again.
7. Repeat step 4 and step 5 to apply a second layer of chrome pigment.
8. Clean up your cuticles with a nail art pen or sticky tapes. DO NOT apply another layer of top coat. It will tarnish the shine.
9. Viola – here you have it! Fascinating chrome nails in around 30 minutes.
NOTE: Chrome nails effect might not be achieved if any of the above steps are not being followed.
TIPS: Avoid washing your hands with hot water to prolong the life of your chrome nails.
How do you love these, merbabes? We’d love to see how you rock these chrome nails! Be sure to share your nail-fies with us with the hashtag #TeamJulisa – rock on gurl!
Any questions? Feel free to comment below and we’ll answer them for you!
❤️ 10% OFF for email subscribers! Sign up here.❤️