Benefits of Tamanu Oil
Tamanu Oil helps you radiate positive energy because it…
– Is suitable for all skin types.
– Easily absorbs into the skin and is non-greasy.
– Promotes healthy skin cell renewal, scalp rejuvenation and healthy nail growth.
– Helps minimise the appearance of scars, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles.
– Contains a unique fatty acid called calophyllic acid and an anti-inflammatory agent called calophyllolide that are highly potent.
– Is a soothing treat for your skin and soul with its divine and nutty aroma.
Our Tamanu Oil is special because it is…
– 100% pure and non-toxic.
– Raw & unrefined. Our cold-pressed tamanu oil is extracted without heat or solvents.
– An oil with a rich dark green colour. Tamanu Oil that appears black or dark brown may have been cured with heat, minimising its nutritional values.
– Free of any additives, fillers, oils, palm oil, synthetic preservatives, animal-derived ingredients and GMO ingredients.
– Sustainably harvested in Vanuatu from tamanu trees growing in their natural state by the sea and free from pesticides.
– Ethically sourced from a Vanuatu supplier of the highest grade we could find. We went through a thorough selection process to ensure our supplier ticked all our boxes under fair trade and ethical production standard.
– Harvested by our Ni-Vanuatu growers. The tamanu nuts are cracked, opened and sun-dried for six to eight weeks, allowing the precious oil to have a natural curing process.
– Bottled by hand with love and utmost care on Australia’s Gold Coast.
– Not performed or tested on animals. Julisa does not use ingredients or contract suppliers who have performed animal testing. We treasure our mermaid friends.
– Certified vegan & cruelty-free by PETA.org. Certified cruelty-free by Choose Cruelty Free Australia.
Use and properties of tamanu oil:
The healing power of tamanu oil is truly an ancient beauty wisdom.
Wild-harvested tamanu oil is a sacred potent agent long used by Melanesians and Polynesians for healing a variety of skin conditions including eczema, toenail fungus and sunburn.
Tamanu oil is also scientifically proven for its anti-aging, anti-fungal and anti-flammatory properties.
* Please note: Julisa does not make any therapeutic claims for the use of tamanu oil, please undertake your own research. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Simply place a few drops of the Mermaid elixir and massage gently onto your skin.
Apply up to 2 to 3 times a day.
Can be used on face, body, hair, nails & cuticles.
Avoid applying on the sensitive areas around the eyes.
For external use only. Patch test prior to use.
If any reaction occurs, discontinue use.
DO NOT USE if allergic to nuts.
100% Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) Seed Oil* certified organic
– simple as this & no nasties!
It’s hard not to feel inspired when you’re out exploring the serene South Pacific Island of Vanuatu. But it wasn’t until we met with local Ni-Vanuatu women and started a conversation about their glowing skin that we were introduced to the healing power of tamanu oil.
Beaming with happiness, they told us that tamanu trees absorb dense nutrients from the minerals present in soil and water, giving it its potency once the nuts are harvested and cured.
Curious and excited, we wanted to see if this was something we could share with our tribe. And before we could share this exquisite oil, we had to try it out on ourselves and witness its magic.
We did this for six months, not because we didn’t trust in its healing power, but we wanted to invest the time choosing a tamanu oil that is ethically sourced and does not harm to the planet.
One of the immediate changes we felt was the softness and suppleness of our skin. As active merbabes who enjoy good times under the sun and the sea, introducing tamanu oil to our daily routine has made our #BeautyRitualGame stronger than ever.
It also left no grease or marks, allowing us to apply the oil wherever we went.
In a nutshell, our journey in creating this Mermaid Elixir was 100% enriching and soul-soothing.
From finding the most beautiful tamanu trees to working with the Ni-Vanuatu growers who harvested the nuts with utmost care and passion, we couldn’t be more elated to share a product that has been nurtured from start to finish.
xo Juliet #TeamJulisa
Our sustainability policy:
At Julisa we only use ingredients and perform under practice we truly swear by. And having witnessed the beauty of tamanu trees in its natural state, we are committed to bringing you the purest tamanu oil without costing the land and water where our trees are nurtured.
Some of the things we have done to do this include:
– Reducing the packaging. We do not box our products individually as we believe it’s unnecessary and it adds burden to our landfills.
– Eliminating the use of bubble wraps because plastic harms our beloved marine lives and mermaids.
– Using a costly but eco-friendly packaging material called ‘green wrap’. Our green wrap ensures our glass bottles are protected during transit and arrive safely at their new homes. It is made with raw materials from sustainably managed forests and producers. The best part is it contains no traces of plastic at all. It’s 100% recyclable, biodegrdable, and compostable, with no plastic sticky tape needed to secure packaging.
– Not compromising style. Its elegant raw finish makes it a packaging material that ticks all our green boxes and complements our tribe’s flair!
What is the colour of natural tamanu oil?
When it is naturally formed on nut kernels or cold pressed, tamanu oil has a beautiful dark green colour. Avoid tamanu oil that appears black or dark brown. It may indicate that extreme heat is used to cure the oil to speed up the process. Extreme heat will alter the natural properties of tamanu oil.
What is the texture of pure tamanu oil?
Tamanu oil is a rich luxurious oil with medium consistency. It absorbs readily onto skin leaving no greasy residue.
What is the smell of natural tamanu oil?
Tamanu oil has a naturally nutty aroma that is slightly earthy. We find it super soul-soothing!
Is patch test recommended before use?
Always do a patch test on wrist before use.
Is tamanu oil suitable for someone with nut allergy?
As our tamanu oil is naturally derived from nut kernels of tamanu tree, we do NOT recommend the use of tamanu oil if you suffer from nut allergy. Please seek professional advice before use.
What is the shelf life of tamanu oil?
Two to three years. Tamanu oil stores well under any condition but extreme heat will lessen its shelf life. Once opened, we recommend using it within six to nine months.
Does tamanu oil store well at cold temperatures?
Tamanu oil may naturally separate or solidify at cold temperatures. It may be liquefied in a pot of simmering water, in a microwave, in the sun, or at a temperature exceeding 85 degrees. These will NOT alter the properties of tamanu oil.
Your Mindful Beauty Ritual Starts Today.