Benefits of Tamanu Oil
Tamanu Oil helps you radiate positive energy because:
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Easily absorbs into the skin and is non-greasy.
- Helps promote healthy skin cell renewal, scalp rejuvenation and healthy nail growth.
- Might help minimise the appearance of scars, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Contains a unique fatty acid called calophyllic acid and an anti-inflammatory agent called calophyllolide that are highly potent.
- Soul-soothing nutty aroma.
- Certified Toxic-Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
- Raw & unrefined. Our cold-pressed tamanu oil is extracted without heat or solvents.
- An oil with a rich dark green colour. Tamanu Oil that appears black or dark brown may have been cured with heat, minimising its nutritional values.
- Free of any additives, fillers, oils, palm oil, synthetic preservatives, animal-derived ingredients and GMO ingredients.
- Sustainably harvested in Vanuatu from tamanu trees growing in their natural state by the sea and free from pesticides.
- Ethically sourced from a Vanuatu source of the highest grade. We went through a thorough selection process to ensure our supplier ticked all our boxes under fair trade and ethical production standard.
- Harvested by our Ni-Vanuatu growers. The tamanu nuts are cracked, opened and sun-dried for six to eight weeks, allowing the precious oil to have a natural curing process.
- Bottled with utmost care on Australia’s Gold Coast.
- Certified Palm Oil Free by The Orangutan Project
- Certified vegan & cruelty-free by PETA.org. Certified cruelty-free by Choose Cruelty Free Australia.
* Please note: Julisa does not make any therapeutic claims for the use of tamanu oil, please undertake your own research. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Purchase as a value BUNDLE SET with
J-RO by Julisa Rose Quartz Face Roller for $85 & save $7:
Simply place a few drops of oil and massage gently onto your skin.
Apply up to 2 to 3 times a day.
Can be used on face, body, hair, nails & cuticles.
Avoid applying on the sensitive areas around the eyes.
For external use only. Patch test prior to use.
If any reaction occurs, discontinue use.
DO NOT USE if allergic to nuts.
100% Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) Seed Oil* certified organic
It’s hard not to feel inspired when you’re out exploring the serene South Pacific Island of Vanuatu. But it wasn’t until I met with local Ni-Vanuatu women and started a conversation about their glowing skin that we were introduced to the healing power of tamanu oil.
Beaming with happiness, they told me that tamanu trees absorb dense nutrients from the minerals present in soil and water, giving it its potency once the nuts are harvested and cured.
Curious and excited, I wanted to see if this was something I could share with our tribe. And before I could share this exquisite oil, I had to try it out on myself and witness its magic.
I trialled this oil for six months, I wanted to invest the time choosing a source that is ethical and does no harm to our mother earth.
One of the immediate changes I felt was the softness and suppleness of my skin. As active merbabe who enjoy good times under the sun and the sea, introducing tamanu oil to my daily routine has definitely made my #BeautyRitualGame stronger than ever.
In a nutshell, my journey in creating this Mermaid Elixir was wholesomely enriching and soul-soothing.
From finding the most beautiful tamanu trees to working with Ni-Vanuatu growers who harvested the nuts with utmost care and passion, I couldn’t be more elated to share a product that has been nurtured mindfully from start to finish.
xx Juliet #TeamJulisa
Our sustainability policy:
At Julisa we only use ingredients and perform under practice we truly swear by. Having witnessed the beauty of tamanu trees in its natural state, we are committed to bringing you the purest tamanu oil without costing the land and water where our trees are nurtured.
Some of the things we have done to ensure this include:
- Reduced packaging.
- Eliminating the use of bubble wraps for all online orders.
- Using a costly but eco-friendly packaging material called ‘green wrap’. Our green wrap ensures our glass bottles are protected during transit and arrive safely at your home. It is made with raw materials from sustainably managed forests and producers. It contains no traces of plastic at all. It’s 100% recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable, with no plastic sticky tape needed to secure packaging.
$1 from every purchase of our Mermaid Elixir is donated towards Dugong and Seagrass Conservation project to support their conservation effort for dugong’s habitat in Vanuatu.
What is the colour of natural tamanu oil?
When it is naturally formed on nut kernels or cold pressed, tamanu oil has a beautiful dark green colour. Avoid tamanu oil that appears black or dark brown. It may indicate that extreme heat was used to cure the oil to speed up the process. Extreme heat will alter the natural properties of tamanu oil.
What is the texture of pure tamanu oil?
Tamanu oil is a rich luxurious oil with medium consistency. It absorbs readily onto skin leaving no greasy residue.
What is the smell of natural tamanu oil?
Tamanu oil has a naturally nutty aroma that is slightly earthy. We find it super soul-soothing!
Is patch test recommended before use?
Always do a patch test on wrist before use.
Is tamanu oil suitable for someone with nut allergy?
As our tamanu oil is naturally derived from nut kernels of tamanu tree, we do NOT recommend the use of tamanu oil if you suffer from nut allergy. Please seek professional advice before use.
What is the shelf life of tamanu oil?
Two to three years. Tamanu oil stores well under any condition but extreme heat will lessen its shelf life. Once opened, we recommend using it within twelve months.
Does tamanu oil store well at cold temperatures?
Tamanu oil may naturally separate or solidify at cold temperatures. It may be liquefied in a pot of simmering water, in a microwave, in the sun, or at a temperature exceeding 85 degrees. These will NOT alter the properties of tamanu oil.
Your Mindful Beauty Ritual Awaits